This sandwich is a great make-ahead or pack and go option. Make up the sandwich according to directions but leave out the tomato and avocado. Pack these separately in plastic wrap and add on right before eating. The sourdough bread keeps well for up to a day, and leaving the avocado and tomato aside will keep your sandwich from getting soggy.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and cooked, 8-12 minutes.
- Slice the turkey breast into even ¾ inch slices.
- Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Let cool.
- Cut three thick slices of sourdough bread from the middle of the loaf, in order to get the largest slices possible.
- Brush with the rest of the olive oil and grill for 1- 2 minutes each side until lightly browned.
- Add cheese to bread while still on the grill until melted.
- Assemble sandwich. Slather bread with spicy mayo. Layer on tomato slices, turkey breast, avocado and bacon.
- Combine all items and mix thoroughly.
Excellent source of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B12, folate and selenium. Good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, pantothenate, magnesium, iron and zinc.