If you start cooking some rice before you begin, it will be done cooking at the same time the stir-fry is ready to serve. Since stir-fry only take a few minutes to cook, cut up all your vegetables before you begin to make preparing this dish even easier.
NOTE: It is easier to slice the turkey breast thinly if you freeze the breast for 5 minutes before slicing. Be sure to use a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, ground ginger, sesame oil, and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced turkey breast, and season with the ground pepper. Continue cooking and stirring until the turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic, and continue cooking and stirring until the onions are translucent, about 2 minutes, before adding the broccoli florets and red pepper.
- Cook all the vegetables for another 2-3 minutes before adding the sauce mixture. Once you add the sauce, continue to stir until the sauce has come to a boil and thickened, this may take up to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.