To reduce the fat content and calories in this recipe, use lower fat cheese.
- Line a 9 in. (23 cm) pie plate by placing one whole tortilla on bottom and two halved tortillas around the sides, overlapping as necessary.
- Sauté onions and peppers in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix cheeses together.
- Layer one-half the cheese, one-half the turkey and a tortilla in the lined pie plate.
- Top with sautéed vegetables, remaining turkey, salsa, cilantro and remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Garnish with olives. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with sliced avocado and tomatoes or shredded lettuce or with re-fried beans.