- In a large skillet with a lid, sauté sausage and onion over medium heat in oil until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to low and add rice, water and vinegar. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir once and then add Brussel sprouts and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir, then cover and let sit for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with hazelnuts sprinkled on top.
*If you don’t have hazelnut, you can substitute this ingredient with 2 tbsp of slivered almonds.