TIP: For a quick way to shorten preparation time, look for jarred roasted red peppers in your local grocery store. Just drain and use as per recipe instructions.
- Blend all ingredients using a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Season turkey drummettes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a glass bowl.
- Marinate with 3 tbsp of Piri Piri sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes up to 8 hours or overnight.
- Grill over low to medium heat until cooked through, 20-25 minutes, turning often to avoid charring. Cook until a meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the meat. (Heat setting and cook time will depend on the power of your BBQ)
- Once cooked, remove from heat, brush with some additional sauce and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover sauce on the side.