Replace bottled garlic with 1 clove garlic, minced and replace ground ginger with 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated fresh gingerroot.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Place pretzels in the plastic bag, seal or tie with twist tie. With a rolling pin or the bottom of a mug crush the pretzels to make coarse crumbs, pour into small bowl and set aside.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel or mushroom brush.
- On the cutting board with the sharp knife trim the bottom of stems; place mushroom pieces in a food processor and finely chop or finely chop the mushrooms with a sharp knife on the cutting board.
- In a medium bowl mix turkey, mushrooms, bread crumbs, onion flakes, soya sauce, garlic and gingerroot with a large spoon.
- Fill another bowl with water; dip your hands in the water.
- Then roll about a tablespoon of turkey mixture in your hands into a ball and place on a large plate (the water prevents the mixture from sticking). Wash hands with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- With cooking spray lightly coat baking sheet.
- Now roll each ball in the crushed pretzels to cover completely and place on baking sheet. Wash hands again.
- Press a wooden stick into each ball all the way to the bottom.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- With oven mitts remove baking sheet from oven to cooling rack to check for doneness.
- Insert an instant read thermometer and it should read 165º (74 ºC). If not done, return to oven for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly before serving with sauces to dip into if desired.