You can cook your eggs for as long as you would like, depending on how runny you like the yolk. You can also substitute the turkey bacon for turkey sausage!
- Chop potatoes into small bite sized square pieces. Toss them with 3 Tbsp. of olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop onion, red pepper and zucchini, set aside in another bowl.
- Heat a large cast iron pan on medium-high heat, add in the remaining 3 Tbsp. of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add the potatoes. Stir the potatoes every 5-8 minutes ensuring that they don’t brown too quickly. You want the potatoes to be tender and get golden brown on each side. Total cooking time is 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Once the potatoes are tender and golden, add in your bowl of chopped veggies. Turn the pan down to low-medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the veggies for 6 minutes until they are partially cooked.
- Add your turkey bacon to the pan and cook for 10 min, stirring every 3 minutes.
- After the oven has preheated, put the pan in the oven to crisp up the turkey bacon for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and make four shallow holes for your eggs to sit in.
- Crack four eggs into the pan and return the pan back into the oven for 6 minutes until the eggs are almost cooked.
- Add the cheddar cheese and pop the pan back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are fully cooked and the cheese is melted, remove from the oven.
- Slice your avocado, chop your basil and green onion and add to the top of your skillet and enjoy!