Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer until thick. Taste and adjust sweetness. This chutney can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks. Béchamel Sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and add flour to make a paste.
- Let bubble for 30 seconds, then whisk in milk slowly until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt and nutmeg then remove from heat.
- Lay out the bread slices and spread one tablespoon béchamel sauce on bottom slice and Dijon mustard on the top slice, of each sandwich.
- Add turkey and turkey bacon to the bottom slice, adding cranberry-apple chutney on top. Put the other slice of bread on top.
- Brush a large fry pan with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil and heat up to medium-high.
- Add two sandwiches at a time, grilling each side until golden. Add the second Tbsp (15 mL) of olive oil and repeat with last two sandwiches. Place the grilled sandwiches on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spoon béchamel sauce over each sandwich, add grated gruyère and top-broil until bubbly and golden.