To reduce the fat content and calories in this recipe, use a lighter cream.
- Cook noodles, drain and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in sauce pan and lightly sauté mushrooms. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and melt. Add flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Heat 1 minute.
- Gradually add broth, cream and milk. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add cheese and sherry.
- Divide cooked noodles among 8 individual casserole dishes. Top with cooked turkey. Add mushrooms. Divide sauce among 8 dishes.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over sauce.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) 20-30 minutes.