TIP: This is a perfect recipe to make with turkey leftovers. You can use light or dark meat or a combination of both.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions and blind bake in a 10-inch tart pan.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan. Season turkey slices with salt and pepper to taste. Sear on both sides until browned. Lower heat and continue cooking until turkey is cooked through and no longer pink, 6-8 minutes approximately. Set aside to cool. Once cool, slice into strips.
- Set heat to medium and add leeks. Sauté for 4-6 minutes, until leeks begin to brown and caramelize. Add asparagus and continue to cook for an additional 4-6 minutes until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs. Add milk and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle with turkey and leek/asparagus mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until eggs are set and lightly browned on top.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.