Brown Sugar Rub:
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, brown sugar, chili powder and fresh ground pepper.
Prepare the Turkey Breast:
- Separate the fillet from the turkey breast. It should remove easily. We do this for ease of BBQ'ing.
- Generously rub the tops of both the turkey breast and the fillet with the rub.
BBQ'ing the Turkey Breast:
- Preheat your BBQ to high, then, turn down the heat to low/medium.
- Add your turkey and roast over the low/medium heat for approximately 20 minutes, (10 minutes on each side), or until the internal temperature measures 165°F (74°C).
- In the last few minutes, coat the top of the turkey with your favourite BBQ sauce. We like ours to be smothered! When the turkey is done, remove from heat and let rest under tin foil for a couple of minutes. Note: The fillet will take less time to roast because it is smaller. It will likely be done in half the time. Just check the temperature for doneness.
Serving the Turkey:
- When it is time to serve the turkey, cut the turkey into 3/4 inch slices, cut against the grain.
- Serve with cobs of corn, bread and a green vegetable!