- Sprinkle turkey thighs with thyme, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, over medium high heat, brown thighs well on both sides; set aside.
- Stir together rice, broth, red pepper and peas in slow cooker.
- Whisk together honey, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic. Toss sauce with turkey thighs and place on top of rice mixture. Drizzle any remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours. Serve with rice.
- Tips: Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray before adding ingredients for casserole.
- If turkey thighs and drumsticks are not available you can substitute 2 smaller turkey breasts (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g each).
Per serving including optional ingredients: About 494 cal, 0.1 g total fat, 73 g carb, 2.3 g fibre, 43 g protein, 175 mg chol, 888 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 9%, calcium 3%, vit A 38%, vit C 61%